Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Motherfucking Trafalgar Square

So, about three this afternoon I decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk, look for some notebooks, get ready for classes for tomorrow, that kind of thing. I left my house and headed off, having a pretty good idea of where I was going and how to get back.

This plan went awry right about at Motherfucking Trafalgar Square.

Three hours later, it is dark and I am walking along a big iron gate, looking at the house inside it, thinking, 'Gosh these people have nice houses. Who even lives here? it's ridiculous. I wish I knew where I was. ' Then I turn a corner, see a giant fountain and statue, and realize I have been walking along Buckingham palace.

Oh, London. Your delights are endless. Also, your sidewalks.



Also, every guy over the age of 25 wears a black overcoat and is in a stressed out hurry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that story aloud to Kevyn.

Come back. I miss you already.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm there.
No, I don't. I feel like I am in New York City, with $4.38 in my checking account and thus no plausible means of eating.
If I remembered the password to my blog, that is what I would write about.

Katie said...

Guess what I just remembered!

Rachael said...

thank you for the wall post. it reminded me to check your blog for updates. i am a little troubled not to have any word about the washbasins in your post-arrival entries. WHERE IS THE WASHBASIN 411, CORINNE?


i guess i shouldn't complain... your sans-basin blogs are very entertaining anyway. i miss you and i am excited for you... hooray for corinne!!

Anonymous said...

know what's awesome? Getting lost in london is super more fun than getting lost on a bus in ithaca...multiple times.

--anonymous