Saturday, April 7, 2007

Tristan and Big Head

Wandering through the paris metro, a pack of beautiful people carrying saxophones and luggage.





Lisa's friend tristan is all the way to the right; he learned half his english from american movies, which is awesome. he is also awesome. Anne-Sophie is to his right, and she is the sweetest thing in the world. Florent has the face of a cherub. And I have the face of a jerk.





Shortly after this picture was taken, a blast of air wrenched my carte orange (weekly metro ticket) from my hands, into gate apparatus.





Me: (Screaming, wearing a saxophone case, trying to reach into the machinery to rescue the stupid little ticket and also keep the gate doors from closing, by throwing my shoulders against them.) NOoooooOOOO!! My carte hebdo!!!





Everyone else in the station: wtf?





Lisa: Your head's stuck in the thing.





Indeed, it was. Nobody understood how or why I had become entangled in the gate, and the ticket was definitely gone. And I was wearing a saxophone.





One way to cheat the metro is to have two people squeeze through while the gate is open for one ticket. So some nice french passer-by ran his ticket through and swept me through the other side. I was still very sad about the ticket; more the loss of ticket than the loss of dignity.

Also, 4 out of 5 of this group slept in Lisa's one person apartment that night. We are adorable, like puppies.

I'm sad I don't have pictures of it, but the next day Tristan and AnSo took me to his school to work on a project of his--painting the damn saxophone on backdrops. So I was at Paris tech crew all day. I didn't have any idea how to do anything or what was going on, it was just like high school tech crew. Also, AnSo is the most adorable person you will ever meet, and pretty (perfect bangs, no joke) , and very understanding of your limited knowledge of french art and set design.





On my last night in paris, I climbed a big head.






Florent came up, too.



We were between bars, and it just seemed like a good idea.








Made some phone calls from the somatosensory cortex.



And then just chilled out on the orbito-frontal region.

My goodness, that is a big church behind us.

Lisa needs some climbin' time too. My foot is in Head's ear, gross.

She's up!

Florent: face of a cherub, apartment of an art student.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Your pictures are fantastic. Fantastic. When do you leave London? I am going to France mid-June. What are the chances that our dates coincide?

Also, I changed my blogspot URL so the link on your page to my page doesn't work anymore. Just thought you should know.

cjb said...

why would you do such a thing?

Alice said...

Eh, the other one was too long and didn't look like words. Besides, I love the phrase "precariously perched"

Anonymous said...

oh man, this account made me laugh so hard by myself alone in my apartment that my neighbors probably think something really funny happened.

Anso was back this week and just talked about how awesome you are.