Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Challenge

So I got this in the mail:

Pictoral Scavenger Hunt

to help make your last couple weeks more interesting, at least while you're walking around the city (bring your camera everywhere)...

1. a middle-aged man wearing trench coat and bowler
2. a bulldog


This bulldog's name is Success.
Please also note the steel-toed boot in the corner. I love it when people adhere to stereotypes!

3. an animal (living creature) bigger than a dog





Hey, guess what, I live by a zoo:







Guess what else, it costs a ton of money to go into the zoo. Thus the fence:











Zookeepers.






Warthogs: Still bigger than dogs.




4. someone swimming







I think that ought to cover it, since I felt SUPER CREEPY taking these pictures, and will not be doing it again.




5. a grandfather clock






I thinkI can do better than this. We'll see.




6. a can of baked beans







By the crate.


By the can.



Enough with the beans.



7. a gun or cannon



Ok, first, the loose interpretation:











Guns and cannons. Did you know, in Ethiopian art, 'good' characters are signified by the 3/4 view, and 'bad' characters are always in profile? I did not know this, but now I will never forget it. Thanks, photo challenge!





Now getting realer:







Not only is this a gun...it's a 16th century grenade launcher:





What a shame there aren't more of these floating around.

And now:




Guns. Clap your hands for the British Museum.

8. your hand in a lobster tank
9. someone (living person) playing a wind/brass instrument
10. yourself with smiling child (simpsons reference)

Unfortunately it is both rainy and exam season, so I'm not doing as much wandering as I should. I'm also not doing as much studying as I should, so I will update as I collect these.

Anybody got any good ones to add?

3 comments:

Katie said...

A clown.
Someone crying.
Something on the ground that shouldn't be on the ground.

ryan said...

hey, we've each gotten half so far. remember that time we got arrested for killing someone with a potato gun? oh wait, that hasn't happened yet...

Anonymous said...

10b. american culture out of place.
10c. A bunghole.