Saturday, May 19, 2007

Slog

I should know better...

...than to start my studying 2 days before the exam.*

...than to go grocery shopping when hungry*

--because I buy chocolate chip brioche and banana bread.
--and consume it sitting in the shopping plaza

...than to agree to be surveyed for consumer research

--because I will have to admit I came for a snack, and it sounds very childish, and I am holding a brioche-loaf.
--because the nice lady will comment: 'Are you eating that whole thing as a snack?'
--because, still self conscious about my apparent gluttony, I will have to listen to the nice lady talk about her son and his girlfriend and their trip to New Jersey, and Tony Soprano. All I want to do is eat my fatty snack.

...than to think chocolate chip brioche will make me feel satiated, or indeed better about anything, because it's really just too much sugar and now I feel gross. And still have to study.

Pretty much everything's just a pain in the ass at this moment. I'm going to leave England in a week, and be in a shitty mood about it, * and get off the plane, and my parents are gonna be like, So how was it? And I'm going to be all grouchy and twelve, and say 'FINE' and cross my arms over my chest and pretend not to hear them in the car when they talk about me.

* This is also the kind of thing that's annoying, because in my psychology-exam head I'm all, 'Human learning and memory! Spread it out for maximum retention sleep improves memory 7+/-2!' 'Applied decision making consumer decisions Lecture 15!' 'Peaks and ends!' I did life wrong, and I know it. And it KILLS me.

Alright, I'm going to go memorize some names for a while. See you in a week(ish)!

4 comments:

Katie said...

The structure of your posts never ceases to surprise and delight me.

CORINNE. I know that you will act like that getting off the plane the same way I know that I will give my parents sass when I am moving out of my room in (now) 2 hours and 26 minutes. And I like my parents. This is just something we're supposed to do, as children of these parents.

I think you're doing life really, really right.
When I see you, I will probably applaud.

Alice said...

I agree with Katie. I will applaud racously for your return and your decisions in life.

You eat that brioche, Corinne. A pox on that lady who made you not want to. And a pox on her boy, too.

cjb said...

I probably won't give them sass. I'll only say good things because they paid for this whole folly.

Also, more likely than not, once we get in the car the sweet sweet tones of mom-friendly John Mayer will lull us into a driving stupor and no one will talk.

Anonymous said...

It seems as though alice and kt thought when you said you are doing life wrong, that had somehing to do with the i should know better list. I, on the other hand am prete to ask you why you are doing life wrong. i started feeling the same way about doing ife wrong...last night i got proposed to. the boy in question wants us to live in paris saving money until we graduate and then go to india. The fact that i did not immediately say yes makes me think i am doing life wrong.