Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm in Paris

the weather is nice
my french is ridiculous
and the bread is good

last night we left lisa's place to buy bread and ended up eating dinner at the amelie cafe. and then going up montmartre to watch the eiffel tower do its hourly sparkly. They were actually holding catholic service in the church, it was very creepy.

my throat is sore from doing raspy french r's.

Homeless people like to ask lisa for her hand in marriage.

I've seen a bunch of gypsies. I'm more fond of he accordion than the bagpipe, I'll tell you that right now.

2 comments:

rachael said...

you traveling fool. that's awesome... i watched amelie just recently at the open air cinema in the botanical gardens, so picturing you and lisa there is pretty kickass cause it's all fresh in my mind.

last night i had a dream that you came to melbourne, but melbourne was kind of rome. you brought some guys i didn't know with you, then instead of going to dinner, you took us on a long train ride very far east of the city. there, you revealed that you were the head of an organization that was trying to wipe out these creepy human-hybrid furry evil cockroaches-creatures; this extermination was done via the growing of immense fields of a crop called the Plague. you were worried because the Plague was dying, and because it didn't seem to be working. (also the "Plague" looked a hell of a lot like corn. apparently my brain isn't very creative when it comes to field-variety crops.)

miss you! au revoir!

Alice said...

Comme je suis jalouse!