Monday, March 26, 2007

What Did I Do Today?

Li has class and real life to live, so while she awoke to a bright and early start, I chilled out on my half of the floor. Literally chilled, it's cold at night. To arouse me from my slumber, li told me internet lies and then left, leaving instructions on how to find her school later. I was neither aroused nor titillated.

It seems as though the AUP is shitty indeed, because class was cancelled and all that travelling and instruction-leaving was for naught. We swung down to a favorite boulangerie , were assaulted by kids wielding berries, and then...lisa had to go to class. So I promptly forgot which metro stop she told me to head for and started walking.

I had one quest: find a map, cause I don't know how paris works. There are quite a few bookstores south of the river...and most of them seem to deal with very narrow spheres of literature, and not maps. Leading to conversations consisting of "Can I help you?" dead stare as the translation creaks past..."No, I'm looking for Paris...uh, a map of paris. Goodbye."

(The appropriate pictures will be added later)

But I went by the Pantheon...

And the Luxembourg Gardens...

And down St. Germain...

and up to the Seine..

I admire the Paris police for sporting the flat top. I'm basically liking anything that is the opposite of London.

And the Place des Invalides...avec les Rollers

And then this...

And then got quiche with Lisa.

Remember when Katie complained that A Year in Provence was really a year long menu? I can see how one would let that happen. Because on vacation, your whole day basically hinges on when you eat.

And then we went on the ile to watch the sun set, and got tricked into talking to toothless Didier for too long.

Lisa's ascenseur is so good. I expect to die every time.



No comments: