Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Some Pictures That I Don't Have To Reformat




This is my Sainsbury's. It is one place where I shop for food. The man in the red cap is my homeless man. He calls me 'pretty lady' and wants me to buy his homeless magazine, 'The Big Issue.'




These are some books in the library. They are all hefty tomes that feel like skin. People skin.




This is Lisa. She's eating chips at a McDonald's. Lisa's saying, 'Why the fuck are you taking this picture?' She's saying it with her eyes, and I do not know the answer.






Creepy house, about a block from Westminster Abbey.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Is Newcastle a first name?

Today, as I was leaving my building (which, lest we forget, is a YMCA), a large group of young British women were blocking the door, complaining about things and interfering with my quest for sandwiches. My friend Marcel was entering the building at the time, and as we passed through a sea of shrill accents, Marcel shook my hand and said, "Cheerio, Katie!" to which I replied "Pip, pip!" I thought of you.

Katie said...

I made that comment on the wrong set of pictures.

cjb said...

Katie, that story is adorable. I'm glad you put the shrill ladies in thier place, because believe me, they deserve it.

Newcastle is a nickname. His real name is Mark, but he is from the city in the north called Newcastle. Akin to calling someone Jersey.

rachael said...

THE BIG ISSUE!!! Oh man, they do that here, too! The exact same thing! Now i feel like i might have to get my hands on one of them. Like when the homeless man on campus falls asleep in his chair with all his "Big Issues" spread over the ground.

i'll let you know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

THIS MAKES ME SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!