Thursday, February 1, 2007

Security

I think it's funny that the password protection for this blog is as secure as that for my online bank account. I feel really good about that, actually.

***

In Orwell's 1984, the description for the Ministry of Truth did not just come from heroin dreams or paranoid delusions. It's likely that that building is based on the Senate House of the University of London, a building that I pass each day.

***

The University of London is quick to tell you when you're under surveillance; all of London is, actually, cause I think it's a law. But everywhere you go are round signs telling you this area is under CCTV surveillance for protection and crime prevention.

***

I am torn when I see the cameras before the signs. Do I ignore it, like catching someone stare at you? Or do I stare it down like a bear? (A bear hungry for my delicious profile). Because if ::I:: know they're there, and ::they:: know they're there, why shouldn't they ::know:: I know they're there?

Still with me?

***

Today I got real chips with vinegar and they were delicious. Jana helped--hi Jana!

***

Also today I went to a pub quiz and contributed Cristopher Wren, Chemistry and Physics, Drowning, Gems, Lichtenstien, and Iraq to the group's efforts. We didn't win, (Gems was wrong; the answer was Diamonds) but I did not end up puking all over lower Manhattan. And Rich Monahan.

Which is all I ever ask!

2 comments:

Katie said...

This one had a theme. Which is all I ever ask!

ryan said...

you stare down hungry bears? that's badass.

stalker update: no response from the fbi yet...